How does matterport virtual staging works?
Matterport virtual staging is a process that allows real estate agents and property owners to digitally furnish and decorate empty spaces captured with Matterport’s 3D scanning technology.
Through specialized software and 3D rendering techniques, virtual staging companies can add furniture, decor, and other virtual elements onto the virtual representation of the space, creating a visually appealing and immersive experience for potential buyers or tenants.
The process typically involves the following steps:
- Capture the Space: A Matterport camera is used to scan the entire space and capture a 3D digital twin model. This camera captures images, measurements, and depth data to accurately represent the space.
- Upload the Virtual Tour: The captured 3D model is then uploaded to the virtual staging platform or software. These platforms allow users to upload their Matterport virtual tours and provide tools for virtual staging.
- Choose Furniture and Decor: Users can select from a library of 3D furniture and decor options within the virtual staging platform. These libraries often contain a variety of styles and categories to suit different preferences and property types.
- Place and Adjust Virtual Elements: Users can then place and position the chosen virtual furniture and decor items within the digital twin model, adjusting their size, orientation, and placement to fit the space accurately. This step requires attention to detail and a good understanding of interior design principles.
- Visualize the Virtual Staging: Once the virtual staging is finalized, the software renders the completed virtual staging onto the 3D model of the space, creating a realistic representation of how the property could look with furniture and decor.
Table of Contents
By George Nicola (Expert Stager)
What is the goal of a virtual staging with Mattereport
The Matterport with virtual staging is a game changer when it comes to showcasing real estate properties. Around 65% of the live real estate listings above $650,000 in USA use some form of 3D scanning or virtual tour technology.
With just a few minutes of work, you can transform an empty space into a fully furnished and decorated room. This technology allows potential buyers or renters to visualize how the space could look like before even stepping foot inside.
Benefits of using Matterport with virtual staging
One of the key benefits of using Matterport with virtual staging is that it saves both time and allows for improved marketing.
Instead of physically staging each room, which can be costly and time-consuming, virtual staging services allows you to quickly add furniture, decor, and even moving objects to create a realistic representation of what the space could look like.
The Matterport Pro3 camera with its $5,995 isn’t on the cheap side, but for those real estate business who value their brands and want to achieve only the best use it.
Matterport virtual tour cost on average $300 if it’s outsourced to a 3rd party company, and depending on the scale of the property and the add-ons the price can grow up to $1,500 or more.
#1 How to use Matterport with virtual staging
Just like the free staging trial with TALLBOX, to experience Matterport platform first you need to sign-up for an account with them. They have a Free trial account with 1 active space which allows you upload your own 3D scan to use.
For the full experience, you need to buy the camera and still have an subscription account with the company paid monthly.
Once you are ready with your account and have a scan, then you need to sign-up with Captur3d’s creator studio. The captur3d pricing system is slightly confusing if you are not signed up in your account.
Read also: Lean the best Virtual Staging Software
Advantage of virtual staging with mattereport
Another advantage is the flexibility it offers. With the virtually staged 3D scans, you can easily switch out furniture or change their layout with just a few clicks. This allows for endless possibilities and experimentation without any additional costs.
Furthermore, virtual staging removes any distractions or bias that may come from outdated or unattractive furnishings in an actual staged space (works only for vacant spaces). It provides a blank canvas for potential buyers or renters to imagine themselves in the property without being influenced by someone else’s taste.
How to start with Matterport to Captur3d?
Captur3d is a 3D virtual tour software and management platform that offers a range of add-ons and services, including virtual staging and augmented reality
To use Captur3D for staging your Matterport tours, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Matterport tour that you want to stage and share the tour by selecting “unlisted” or “public” and copy the link.
2. Visit captured.io (Captur3D’s website) and upload your Matterport tour by clicking on “New” and selecting “Create a virtual tour”.
3. Paste the link to your Matterport tour in Captur3D’s platform. You can also specify the property address and select any specific branding options if applicable.
4. Captur3D will import the necessary information from your Matterport tour, including logos, names, numbers, emails, etc., for capturing client information.
5. Confirm your order by selecting the appropriate credits needed (usually 7 credits). With a Free account you get 75 free credits which allows you to use for 10 projects.
6. Once your order is confirmed, go to the Creator Studio within Captur3D where you can begin setting up staging for your tour.
7. In the Creator Studio, you have different options:
– Set up staging as default so that it automatically shows when someone opens the link.
– Allow users to choose whether they want staging or not.
– Create tags using captured.io software or continue using existing Matterport tags.
8. Adjust your staging by selecting assets from either Captured’s collection or Sketchfab (you have both options available).
9. Choose relevant assets for each room category (e.g., bedroom) and place them accordingly in the virtual space.
10. Make adjustments to asset placement, rotation, size, lighting intensity, shadows, white balance settings if needed.
11. Preview your staged Matterport tour to ensure everything looks good before finalizing it.
12. Once you are satisfied with the previewed results, exit preview mode and complete any additional customization like adding meta tags or other desired features.
13. Share or publish Your capture.io link with staging to the desired audience.
Follow these steps, and you’ll be able to effectively stage your Matterport tours using Captur3D’s platform.
PROS of virtual staging with CAPTUR3D
Here are some pros of using Captur3D for staging your Matterport tours:
#1. Easy to Use: Captur3D has a user-friendly interface that allows you to quickly and easily upload your Matterport tours and add virtual staging elements.
#2. Wide Selection of Assets: Captur3D offers a growing library of 3D assets, including furniture, decor, appliances and animals, giving you some options to stage your 3d scanned tours.
#3. Integration with Sketchfab: In addition to its own asset library, Captur3D also integrates with Sketchfab, which offers hundreds of thousands of additional 3D objects that you can use in your virtual staging.
#4. Customization Options: You can customize the staging by adjusting the size, position, rotation, and appearance of the virtual furniture and decor. This allows you to create a personalized look for each room.
#5. Spatial Visualization: Virtual staging with Captur3D provides a spatial representation of how the space could look like when furnished and decorated. This helps potential buyers or renters better visualize themselves in the property.
#6. Cost-effective Solution: Virtual staging is a more cost-effective option compared to physical staging as it eliminates the need to purchase or rent actual furniture and decor items. It also saves time on setup and removal.
#7. Flexibility and Versatility: With virtual staging, you have the flexibility to experiment with different furniture layouts and decor styles without any physical limitations. You can easily modify or update the staging elements as needed.
#8. Helps Marketing Efforts: Virtual staging enhances your marketing efforts by making your listings more attractive and engaging. It helps grab viewers’ attention and increases their interest in the property.
#9. Client Interaction Features: Captur3D allows clients to interact with the staged rooms by turning on or off the virtual furniture at their discretion. They can also contact you directly through the tour interface.
#10. Detailed Analytics: Captur3D provides detailed analytics and insights about viewer engagement, including time spent in each room and interactions with staging elements. This information can help you understand buyer preferences and optimize your marketing strategies.
Cons of virtual staging with CAPTUR3D
While the Captur3D platform offers many benefits for staging Matterport tours, there are a few potential disadvantages to consider:
#1. Cost: Although you can currently get 75 credits for free using a referral link, after that, you will need to pay for additional credits to continue using the platform. The cost of credits can add up, especially if you plan to create multiple virtual stagings.
#2. Limited asset options: While Captur3D does provide a growing library of assets, including furniture and decor from various categories, it may not have the exact objects or styles that you’re looking for. This could limit your creative options and make it difficult to achieve the desired staging effect.
#3. Lack of customization: While Captur3D allows you to add branding elements like logos and contact information, some users may find the customization options limited compared to other virtual staging platforms. If you require more flexibility in terms of design and customization, it’s worth exploring other alternatives.
#4. Learning curve: Like any new software or platform, there may be a learning curve involved in understanding how to effectively use Captur3D for virtual staging purposes. It may take some time and practice before you feel comfortable navigating the interface and achieving optimal results.
Overall, while Captur3D offers many advantages in terms of convenience and efficiency for virtual staging Matterport tours, it’s important to consider these potential downsides before committing to using the platform extensively.
It’s always wise to assess your specific needs and compare different options available in the market before making a final decision.
Read also: How AI will change the virtual staging?
Captur3D alternatives for Virtual Staging
If you’re looking for alternatives to virtual staging services that are not with Captur3D, one great option is to use TALLBOX’s 360 Virtual Staging including Video Staging services. The company offers a wide range of virtual staging solutions that are hand off and do not take your time. Enhance and showcase your properties in an immersive and appealing way.
Get your free virtual staging trial worth $50 >
#1. Increased Visual Appeal: 360 Virtual Staging turns empty or unfurnished spaces into visually appealing and immersive areas that can help potential buyers or tenants visualize themselves in the property. This virtual staging service can enhance the visual appeal of a property and make it more desirable.
#2. It’s Affordable: Compared to traditional staging methods, 360 Virtual Staging is generally more affordable and cost-effective. TALLBOX offers competitive pricing, starting from $170 per 360 photo. This pricing includes a professionally created mood board of virtual furniture and decor options that can be customized to fit the needs and style of the property.
#3. Fast Turnaround Time: TALLBOX’s 360 Virtual Staging takes only four to five days* to be completed, allowing real estate agents and property owners to market their property quickly.
#4. Customization Options: With TALLBOX’s 360 Virtual Staging services, customers can choose from a wide range of virtual furniture and decor options to suit their specific needs. With this virtual staging service, customers can make changes and explore different options, providing a customizable experience.
Matterport and Captur3D with virtual staging is an indispensable asset that should be part of every real estate agent’s toolkit. Its affordability, options, convenience, non-invasive nature make it a must-have solution for showcasing properties effectively and for those who want use hands on approach and be involved heavily.
TALLBOX’s 360 Virtual Staging service elevates this experience by offering a hands off range of high-quality staging services done by experienced interior designers.
Real estate professionals who utilize innovative marketing tools should try both services before taking a decision.
The most popular virtual staging companies like TALLBOX are used by professional real estate agents since it allows for editing of photos and videos to add or remove furniture, lighting, and other elements to the space.
Get your free virtual staging trial worth $50 >