Why Should You Buy Your Dream Home in Yardley, PA
The main reason one should buy a house is convinience of the lifestyle, low price hosues and approximate to larger cities. Nestled along the Delaware River, Yardley, PA offers small town charm just 22 miles outside of Philadelphia.
Yardley, settled in 1682 by William Yeardley (historically spelled that way) is historic borough with around 2,400 residents provides a picturesque setting focused around Main Street’s shops and restaurants. For home buyers seeking community in a family-friendly locale, this typical PA real estate in Yardley checks all the boxes.
- Yardley is a historic, charming small town along the Delaware River near Philadelphia. It has a walkable downtown and community feel.
- The housing market is competitive with low inventory. Homes typically cost $300k-$500k. Buyers need to act quickly on new listings.
- Popular neighborhoods highlighted include Ashley Estates, Edgewood, Riverview Estates, Yardley Hunt, and Yardley Commons based on home values, amenities, schools, etc.
- Main Street, Lakeview Drive, Buttonwood Ave, Hilltop Rd, and Delaware Ave are noted as top streets.
- Virtual staging is recommended as an efficient, affordable way for sellers to showcase homes.
- Working with an experienced local real estate agent is advised to help buyers find and negotiate the right home. Several top agents in Yardley are recommended.
- Beyond real estate, Yardley offers a wonderful lifestyle with outdoor recreation, community events, and top-rated schools.
Yardley’s Competitive Housing Market
In Yardley’s housing market homes for sale typically range from $300,000 to $500,000 for single family home with 3 Beds 2 Baths 1 Partial Bath located within the borough and are up by 6-16% from last year.
Property taxes average around $7,000 per year.
With high demand but low inventory, homes sell quickly in Yardley – often within just 39 – 59 days on market.
Only 131 homes have sold over the past 3 months. In this environment, buyers need to act fast when a home hits the market.
Tardley PA real estate Forecast 2023-2024
- Median home prices in Yardley have increased over 10% year-over-year, reaching $572,500 in October 2023
- Home prices are expected to continue rising, with forecasts predicting around 9% price growth over the next 10 years.
- The market remains competitive, with most homes selling above asking price and many receiving multiple offers.
- Inventory is declining, with an 8% drop in homes for sale from September to October 2023.
- Demand for new home communities in Yardley remains strong amid low inventory. New home sales increased 11% year-over-year as of October 2023
Low supply amid high demand is driving price growth.Average days on market was just 22 in October 2023, down significantly from 39 days a year prior. Homes are selling quickly.
- Top factors drawing buyers to Yardley include highly-rated schools, proximity to major highways, and access to outdoor recreation.
- Demand is likely to remain strong due to inbound migration from New York and other metros. Yardley offers relative affordability compared to some nearby areas.
The Yardley real estate market remains competitive and inventory-constrained. Strong demand coupled with declining supply will likely lead to continued robust price appreciation in the high single digits to low double digits over the next year. The long-term outlook remains positive as well.
Homes for Sale Summary in Yardley, PA
AVERAGE HOME PRICES, SIZES AND PROPERTY TYPES
Typical homes in Yardley, PA have 2-4 bedrooms, 2-3 bathrooms, 1-2 car garages, and list for $525,000-$650,000.
The median sold price is around $550,000-$650,000, up 6-16% from last year. Homes cost around $250-300 per square foot:
Number of bedrooms: The most common configurations are 2-3 bedrooms. Listings show homes ranging from 1-5+ bedrooms, with 3 bedrooms being most prevalent.
Number of bathrooms: Most homes have 2-2.5 bathrooms. Listings show homes ranging from 1-5 bathrooms.
Number of garages: 1-2 car garages are typical. Listings show homes with 0-3 car garages.
- Every 8th house in Yardley for Sale in comes with pool
Average list price: The median list price for homes in Yardley is around $525,000.
Average sold price: The median sold price is around $550,000-$650,000. This is up 6-16% compared to last year.
Price per square foot: List prices range from around $160-$300 per square foot. The median is around $250-280 per square foot.
Popular home configurations: Common listings are 2-3 bedroom, 2-2.5 bathroom homes with 1-2 car garages. 4 bedroom homes are also popular.
Recent sales: Recent comparable sales of similar sized homes range from around $525,000-$680,000.
Top Neighborhoods in Yardley, PA
- Ashley Estates – One of the largest and most expensive neighborhoods in Yardley. Located in Lower Makefield Township. Homes range from $500k to over $1 million. Low taxes and top-rated schools.
- Edgewood – Historic neighborhood with homes dating back to the 18th century. Tree-lined streets and classic architecture give it charm. Conveniently located off Main Street. Home prices from $300k to $600k.
- Riverview Estates – Newer neighborhood located along the Delaware River. Mostly custom-built homes constructed after 2000. Home values range from $600k to $1.2 million.
- Yardley Hunt – Mid-sized homes built in the 1990s on quarter-acre lots. Family-friendly community with a neighborhood pool. Home prices range from $400k to $700k.
- Yardley Commons – Townhome community built in the 2000s. Offers low maintenance living and community amenities. Home prices from $250k to $450k.
- Big Oak Bend, Yardley – Big Oak Bend is a townhouse development in Yardley, PA with one active listing around 2,200 sq ft and $480k. The real estate company BEX Realty manages sales in the community and can provide more information.
Top Streets in Yardley, PA
Main Street – The heart of historic downtown Yardley. Walkable to cafe’s, shops and restaurants. Charming older homes and excellent location.
Lakeview Drive – Houses back up to scenic Lake Afton Park. Water views and access to walking trails. Larger homes from $600k to over $1 million.
Buttonwood Avenue – Tree-lined street in Edgewood neighborhood. Classic historic homes with updated interiors. Prices from $400k to $750k.
Hilltop Road – Winding street with hilltop views. Mix of older and newer custom homes. Lots from half an acre to over an acre. Home values $550k to $900k.
Delaware Avenue – Runs along the scenic Delaware River. Mostly newer construction homes with river views. $700k to $1.2 million range.
Based on amenities, home values, low taxes, top schools, and charm, Ashley Estates, Edgewood, and streets like Main Street and Lakeview Drive are some of the top areas to focus your home search in Yardley.
Consulting a local real estate agent can also help you identify the best options for your needs and budget.
Work With a Top Yardley Real Estate Agent
In a competitive market like Yardley, working with an experienced local real estate agent is key. The top agents have their fingers on the pulse of new listings and can guide you through bidding and negotiations.
Top-rated agents to contact when buying a home in Yardley:
Monica Sutherland with Century 21 brings deep knowledge of the borough. Her 5 star reviews highlight strong communication and customer service.
Drew Ferrara with RE/MAX Total has several current Yardley listings and a proven sales record with over 38 years of experience.
Cliff Lewis with Coldwell Banker leverages his 148 past sales transactions to excel. He has current $300k to $900k listings.
John Spognardi with RE/MAX Signature draws on 38 years of experience. He has 7 active Yardley listings from $250k up to $1.4M.
New homes in Yardley, Pa
There are several new home developments either in Yardley itself or within 10-15 miles of the area that have new construction homes available in the $500,000 to $800,000 range, mostly featuring 3-4 bedrooms and 2.5-3.5 bathrooms. The majority are single family homes but there are some townhome options as well:
Yardley Preserve by DeLuca Homes is a 55+ community located on Dobry Road and Oxford Valley Road.
It features new single family homes with 2-3 bedrooms, 2-2.5 bathrooms, and 2-car garages. Home prices start in the $600,000s.
- The community’s sales center and model homes are located at 1680 Dobry Road, Yardley, PA 19067
- The neighborhood is situated just off Route 1 and near the intersection of I-95 and Route 332
- It’s about 1 mile northeast of downtown Yardley and the Delaware River waterfront.
- The community is being built on former farmland at the south end of Yardley borough, adjacent to residential neighborhoods.
- Nearby landmarks include Core Creek Park to the east and Shady Brook Farm to the west.
New construction is found across Yardley, but clusters around the south end of town in new subdivisions and master-planned communities like The Rising Sun Meadows and Regency at Yardley.
Home styles include single-family homes, townhouses, and condos in traditional suburban architecture like Colonials, Tudors, and farmhouse designs. Home sizes range from 1,300 to over 3,000 square feet.
- Lennar has several new construction townhomes available in nearby Titusville, NJ, just across the Delaware River from Yardley. These homes have 2-3 bedrooms, 2.5-3.5 bathrooms, and prices ranging from $459,990 to $688,490.
- Sharbell Development Corp. is building new single family homes in Hamilton, NJ, around 10 miles from Yardley. Homes have 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2-car garages, and prices starting in the mid $500,000s.
- Pulte Homes has new construction single family homes available in Horsham, PA, around 15 miles from Yardley. These homes have 3-4 bedrooms, 2.5-3.5 bathrooms with prices ranging from $614,990 to $767,490.
Enjoy Living in Yardley
Since Yardley, PA is located just outside of Trenton, NJ it is much more affordable than New York City.
Yardley offers reasonably priced housing, lower taxes, and an overall lower cost of living compared to New York.
It also has a small town feel while still being close enough to commute to jobs in Trenton, NJ or Philadelphia, PA.
For keen home buyers who do need their daily dose of golf, Yardley Country Club is a golf club that offers a high-quality golfing experience and picturesque course for golfers of all skill levels.
The course was designed by Alexander and Fred Findlay and has been played by golf legends. It opened in 1928.
The par-72 course features challenging fairways, water hazards, sand traps, and smooth putting greens.
Beyond golf, the club has an active social calendar, full-service banquet facilities, and a pub.
The club aims to provide exceptional service, a comfortable atmosphere, and a quality country club experience.
Membership is available, and the site provides information on membership types and benefits.
Contact information is provided for those interested in requesting more membership details or visiting the club.
For those looking for an affordable option near New York, Yardley provides a great balance of proximity and cost savings versus trying to live directly in NYC. The transportation links to NJ Transit and Amtrak make the commute accessible as well. In summary, the high prices of New York City living are avoided in Yardley, making it a great affordable alternative for the area.
New York is one of the most expensive cities to live in within the United States. The high cost of housing and other expenses make it difficult for many people to afford living there.
Beyond its charming real estate, Yardley offers a wonderful lifestyle. Historic downtown features local shops and restaurants. The borough hosts community events like the annual Delaware Canal Festival. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the walking trails, fishing, and Lake Afton park.
The river towns in this area exude a relaxed vibe. Yardley provides easy access to the scenic Delaware River without the crowds. For families, the excellent Yardley School District provides a top-rated education.
Delaware Canal towpath
The Delaware Canal towpath in Yardley, PA is a popular spot for outdoor recreation like biking, walking, and kayaking.
The 60-mile towpath runs along the canal that was used in the 1800s for barge transportation towed by mules.
The towpath provides beautiful scenery and a serene place to exercise and spend time outdoors.
It can be accessed from Yardley or many other spots along the way for walks, bike rides, etc of various distances.
The towpath is scenic and enjoyable in all seasons – spring, summer, fall, and winter.
It’s a destination for Bucks County residents but also people throughout the region looking for outdoor recreation.
The Friends of the Delaware Canal organization provides maps and resources for accessing and using the towpath trail.
Yardley, A Historic and Affordable Option
Home buyers seeking community, charm, and convenience near Philadelphia should consider Yardley, PA. This historic small town blends natural beauty and amenities for an ideal lifestyle.
The competitive market makes working with a talented local real estate agent essential. With their expertise, you can find your dream home in this one-of-a-kind riverside community.
Frequently Asked Questions about Yardley,PA
Housing/ PA real estate
- What are the property taxes like in Yardley?
- Property taxes consist of school, county, and municipal taxes.
- Average annual property taxes are around $5,000-7,000.
- What are the requirements for getting a building or zoning permit?
- Contact the Yardley Borough Building and Zoning Office for any questions related to permits.
- Certain renovations, fences, sheds etc. require permits.
- How can I pay my property taxes?
- Pay property taxes by check, online, or in-person to the tax collector.
- Delinquent taxes after 18 months must be paid directly to the Bucks County Tax Claim Bureau.
Yardley, PA Zip Code
- The zip code for Yardley, PA is 19067 and is located in Yardley, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. It covers an area of 31.514 square miles.
- Yardley is located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- According to the 2020 US Census, the population of ZIP code 19067 is 53,153. Population density is 1,686.6 people per square mile.
- The total number of households is 20,735. The average household size is approximately 2.5 people
- Yardley, PA zip code 19067 covers an area southeast of Morrisville, PA along the Delaware River
- Nearby zip codes include 19030, 19054, 08608, 08625, and 19058
- As of the 2020 census, the population of Yardley was approximately 2,400
- The racial makeup of ZIP code 19067 is predominantly White (77.36%), followed by Asian (6.36%), Black (7.54%), Hispanic (6.37%), and other races (2.18%).
- The median age is 43.6 years old. 50.95% of the population is male, while 49.05% is female.
- 88.81% of the population are US citizens by birth, 7.46% are citizens by naturalization, and 3.73% are non-citizens.
- 91.52% of the population lived in the same house 1 year ago, indicating low residential mobility.
- There are approximately 1,177 total households in Yardley
- Most housing units are owner-occupied (74%) versus renter-occupied (26%)
- There are 21,665 housing units, with a median year built of 1973
- The median home value is $464,300 (2016 estimate)
- Most sources estimate the median household income in Yardley, PA to be around $105,000 in 2021, significantly higher than the median income for Pennsylvania overall.
- The exact figure varies somewhat across sources from $87,337 to $132,417, but is consistently above $100,000
- Only 4% of families live below the poverty line
- Yardley is served by the Pennsbury School District
- There are numerous public elementary, middle, and high schools located within the 19067 zip code
Post Offices and Zip Codes
- There are 2 post offices located in zip code 19067 – in Morrisville and Yardley
- 19067 can be broken down into 19067-XXXX where the last 4 digits denote more specific delivery areas
Neighboring Zip Codes
- 08505 – Newtown, PA
- 08608 – Trenton, NJ
- 08611 – Trenton, NJ
- 08618 – Trenton, NJ
- 08628 – Trenton, NJ
- 18940 – Newtown, PA
- 18977 – Newtown, PA
- 19007 – Fairless Hills, PA
- 19030 – Fairless Hills, PA
- 19047 – Langhorne, PA
- 19054 – Langhorne, PA
- 19057 – Langhorne, PA
The zip code 19067 covers an area southeast of Morrisville, PA along the Delaware River.
It is surrounded by several zip codes in Pennsylvania as well as some in New Jersey such as Trenton, NJ. The closest neighboring zip codes are in the towns of Newtown, Langhorne, and Fairless Hills in Pennsylvania.
Local Laws and Regulations
- How do I report a neighbor for an ordinance violation?
- Contact the Yardley Borough Police Department to report any ordinance violations like noise, overgrown vegetation etc.
- Where can I find information on local ordinances?
- The Yardley Borough website has information on zoning, property maintenance, and other local ordinances.
- You can also contact the Borough office.
- What are the boundaries for the Yardley Borough?
- Yardley is roughly bounded by the Delaware River on the East, and the ZIP code 19067.
- See maps for exact boundaries.
- What community events take place in Yardley?
- Popular events include Harvest Day festival in October and community picnics and Easter egg hunts organized by the Yardley Moms Association.
- How do I become a member of the Yardley Moms Association?
- Fill out the contact form on their website and complete the membership registration steps.
- What kind of services do handymen provide?
- Handymen offer a wide range of minor home repairs and installations.
- Be sure to verify licensing, insurance, experience, and references.
- Who do I contact about divorce or family law questions?
- There are several family and divorce lawyers located in Yardley that can provide legal guidance for divorce, child custody, and other family law matters.
How We Rate Real Estate Agents in Yardley, PA
Our team of local experts rate and review real estate agents in each neighborhood based on market experience, previous sales, and client satisfaction.
We check credentials, interview past clients, and vet each agent thoroughly before recommending them to help you buy or sell a home. This ensures you get the best agent for your needs.