How To Add Curb Appeal to Outdoor Areas Before Selling House
TLDR: Adding curb appeal to the exterior of your home before selling most likely can help you attract better potential buyers and thus increase your home’s value. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Start by considering the target market. Who will enjoy the outdoor space? Are you catering to families with young children or empty nesters? This will help you decide on the elements you need to add.
- Hire a professional if you feel you need help. A professional landscaper or designer can help you create a unique and beautiful plan that meets your budget and needs.
- Have patience. It can take time to make a home look its best. Don’t expect immediate results, but instead enjoy the process of transformation.
1. Clean up: Power wash the siding, walkways, and driveway. Trim the trees and shrubs. Rake up leaves and debris. Eliminate any clutter.
2. Add color and life: Plant flowers and plants that are native to your area, and that will thrive in your climate. Put them in pots, window boxes, or in the ground.
3. Illuminate: Add motion-sensor lights along walkways and driveways. Add accent lighting to trees, shrubs, and other features to make your home look inviting and secure at night.
4. Update the front door: A freshly-painted door with new hardware and a festive decoration will create a good first impression.
5. Welcome mat: A welcome mat at the front door will let potential buyers know you’re happy to have them visit.
6. De-clutter: Keep the front yard and porch free of toys, bikes, garbage cans, and old furniture. Show potential buyers the potential of your home without being distracted.
7. Make repairs: Fix any issues with the exterior of your home, such as a leaky faucet or cracked step, before putting it on the market.
8. Repair damage: Patch up any cracked or peeling paint, damaged siding, or missing shingles.
9. Power wash: Remove dirt, grime, and mildew from the exterior of your home.
10. Flower power: Add some fresh flowers to your front porch for a touch of color.
11. Lawn maintenance: Keep your lawn healthy and green – it’s a sign of a well-cared-for home.
12. Trim trees and shrubs: Improve the overall look of your home and make it safer for potential buyers.
13. Clear the clutter: Remove any toys, tools, and trash cans from your front yard.
Table of Contents
Whether trying to make minor improvements or go all out on designing a new garden oasis, one thing remains true: thoughtful details are essential for success.
Adding curb appeal to the exterior of your home can result in higher offers from prospective buyers. Home staging and landscaping can create a visually appealing atmosphere that highlights creativity and attention to detail.
This article is split into two parts and discusses more than (Part 1) 80+ curb appeal ideas and ways successfully (Part 2) upgrade outdoor and landscape areas to attract buyers. Whatever you do, ensure the landscaping is low-maintenance and easy to care for.
Defining Curb Appeal
Curb appeal It can be make-or-break, and having an eye-catching front yard is essential when selling your house.
Curb appeal is about creating that initial desire in someone who hasn’t yet stepped inside the door.
How to plan adding a curb appeal
Getting your house ready to sell starts with evaluating its look and features.
Below we have listed over 80 curb appeal ideas but in general, start by looking at the patios, driveways, plants, and trees and compare them with the neighboring buildings. See if yours look better, worse, or just slightly off.
Depending on this conclusion, your next step is determining which elements should be kept and which need an upgrade.
Think about your buyer persona and what they want to see. What do they want to buy? Are they looking at the overall layout or specific features?
Take advantage of existing features and revitalize them if needed to save money, but also, don’t be afraid to be bold and experiment if you can afford it.
Look at your landscaping from a distance, from the buyer’s eyes, not yours. Does it create the right impression? Remember to be honest with yourself.
how to increase Landscaping curb appeal
Many don’t know, but improving landscaping is one of the easiest and most effective ways to increase a home’s curb appeal before selling.
Yes, it may cost something, but a well-designed landscape can differentiate between a higher-bit offer and no offers at all.
Whether you’re looking to spruce up your lawn or create a new garden design from scratch, there are plenty of ways to make your home stand out in the market.
TLDR: Discover how to transform your lawn from ordinary to extraordinary!
- Aerate and fertilize to keep the grass healthy, vibrant, and green. Incorporate water features like fountains or ponds to create a stunning visual impact.
- Plant trees for shade, create pathways, and even start a vegetable garden – there’s no limit to what you can do. Plus, the best part is that it’ll be easy to maintain, so buyers won’t need to invest extra time or energy when moving in.
- For those looking to take exterior design to the next level, consider exterior paint and repairs. Refreshing siding, repainting doors and fences are small changes that make a big difference to the overall look.
Identifying The Needs, Priorities, And Concerns Of Both Parties
If the so-anticipated first offer did not arrive after the first house showing, something might be wrong. Often it’s the pricing, but if that point is sorted, the next thing to check is the curb appeal.
Real estate negotiations can succeed when all parties openly and honestly communicate their interests. If you don’t hear back with any feedback on why the offer did not come, it’s worth checking with the realtor about what can be wrong.
This is where the list of 80+ curb appeal ideas comes in handy for you to check.
Read also: What Adds Value To A House
80+ Simple Curb Appeal Ideas
Front Door & Entranceway curb appeal Ideas
Enhancements to the front door, entry steps, lighting, seating, and welcoming elements.
1. Replace or repaint the front door in a bold, welcoming color.
2. Update door hardware such as handles, knockers, and locks with stylish, modern options.
3. Add a seasonal wreath or custom-designed door hanger for decoration.
4. Install outdoor pendant lights or sconces to illuminate the entrance area at night.
5. Create a small seating area near the entrance with chairs, benches, or decorative stools.
6. Update entry steps by adding tiles, stones, or repainting them for visual interest.
7. Place potted plants or flowers on each side of the entrance for an inviting natural touch.
8. Incorporate a unique doormat or customized doorstep featuring your family name or monogram.
9. Decorate windows adjacent to the front door with shutters in coordinating colors and materials.
10. Upgrade railing systems around entryway stairs with trendy styles like cable railings or wrought iron designs that complement your home’s architecture.
Porch & Patio Curb Appeal Ideas
Upgrades for your porch or patio area, such as seating, swing options, curtains, and lighting.
- Add comfortable outdoor seating options like couches, chairs, or daybeds with weather-resistant cushions.
- Incorporate a porch swing or hanging chair for relaxing and enjoying the outdoors.
- Install outdoor curtains or shades to control sunlight, provide privacy, and add visual interest.
- Update lighting by installing string lights or lanterns for a cozy ambiance during evenings on the porch or patio.
- Create designated areas for dining and lounging with separate furniture arrangements.
- Add an area rug made from durable outdoor materials to anchor the space and make it feel more inviting.
- Incorporate decorative accents like throw pillows, planters, and outdoor artwork that complement your home’s exterior style and color palette.
- Install ceiling fans for air circulation and comfort on warm days without compromising style by selecting designs that match your outdoor decor theme.
- Place a chiminea or tabletop fire pit in a strategic location safely away from flammable materials on your patio to add warmth during cooler nights.
- Construct a pergola or patio cover to provide shade and protection against unexpected rain showers while enhancing your outdoor space’s overall aesthetic.
Garden Curb Appeal & Landscaping Ideas
Updates to gardens and landscape design, including flower beds, pathways, borders, and garden structures.
- Design flower beds with a mix of perennial and annual plants that provide your garden with year-round color, texture, and interest.
- Create meandering pathways using materials like gravel, flagstone, or brick pavers that connect various outdoor areas and encourage garden exploration.
- Install decorative borders or edging around flower beds and pathways using stone, metal, or wood to create clean lines and define distinct spaces in your landscape.
- Integrate hardscape elements such as patios, water features (like fountains or ponds), fire pits, seating areas, or retaining walls that complement the overall design theme while providing function within the garden.
- Plant trees strategically for shade and privacy benefits and their potential to add value to your property over time with careful selection based on mature size and growth habits.
- Include vertical elements like trellises or ornamental obelisks for vining plants to climb on while maximizing visual interest even in small spaces.
- Establish a focal point in your garden or landscape with an eye-catching sculpture, large planter arrangement, or strategically placed boulders, among other options.
- Build raised garden beds for growing edibles like vegetables, fruits, or herbs by ensuring easy access and improved soil quality without taking up much space.
- Incorporate low-maintenance plant varieties suitable for local climate conditions that minimize water usage while offering aesthetic beauty.
- Design a dedicated outdoor lighting plan showcasing key garden features at night by incorporating LED lights along pathways, uplighting tree branches from below, or highlighting architectural structures with spotlights creating ambiance even after dusk falls.
Exterior Curb Appeal Ideas & Architectural Features
Adding architectural features such as shutters or decorative brackets and other outdoor decorations like artwork or sculptures.
- Change, repaint, and improve the mailbox. The list of mailbox upgrades is long and colorful.
- Install decorative shutters on windows, choosing a style and color that complements your home’s exterior.
- Add ornamental brackets or corbels to support porch roofing or window ledges, enhancing the architectural interest of your home.
- Display outdoor artwork on exterior walls or fences, such as metal sculptures, mosaics, or murals.
- Install accent features like flower boxes or window planters to add color and charm to your home’s façade.
- Mount an eye-catching weather vane, dome, or finial atop your roof for added character and visual appeal.
- Opt for unique house numbers in stylish fonts or materials visible from the street and blend well with the rest of your home’s appearance.
- Incorporate attractive fencing options around your property using materials like wrought iron or wood that match the architectural style of your home.
- Create an inviting entrance area with a custom-built arbor draped in vines/trellises or gateways leading up to pathways for visitors.
- Decorate entryway pillars/columns using seasonal changes such as lights/string garlands during holidays while adding versatility.
- Use ornamental rain chains (downspouts alternative) providing beauty & functionality, collecting water into hidden barrels used later for landscape watering needs maintaining curb appeal over time.
Outdoor Lighting & Safety Upgrades
Enhancements related to illumination from different kinds of light fixtures and safety improvements for walkways and driveways.
- Install pathway and driveway lighting, such as solar-powered stake lights that provide low-level illumination for safe navigation.
- Upgrade exterior wall or porch lights with modern, energy-efficient fixtures to improve visibility and home security.
- Add landscape lighting throughout your garden by highlighting focal points like trees or sculptures with uplights, downlights, or spotlights.
- Illuminate stairs, railings, or steps using LED strip lights or individual stair-tread lighting fixtures that prevent tripping hazards in darker areas of your property.
- Utilize motion sensor floodlights to deter potential intruders and provide additional safety by automatically turning them on when movement is detected near the perimeter of your home.
- Replace old incandescent bulbs with longer-lasting and energy-saving LED bulbs in all outdoor light fixtures to save time and maintenance.
- Install dusk-to-dawn photocell-controlled light fixtures near entryways & garages so that they automatically turn on at nightfall, responding to environmental changes and ensuring curb appeal remains consistent.
- Use reflective address markers/signs visible from a distance allowing emergency services/friends arriving quicker while enhancing night-time visual appeal.
- Consider installing bollard lights along driveways reinforcing borders/safety markings, making them more defined, especially during night hours.
- Maintain regular monitoring/troubleshooting of malfunctioning/outdated outdoor lighting, ensuring optimal working conditions promoting safety/security and appealing overall aesthetic view.
Driveway Curb Appeal & Fencing Ideas
The driveway and fencing enhancements include paving or repairs, adding decorative gates, and painting or updating fence materials for improved curb appeal.
- Resurface, repair, or repave your driveway using durable and visually appealing materials like concrete, asphalt, pavers, or gravel.
- Choose an attractive fencing design in a style and material that complements your home’s architecture while providing privacy and security.
- Add decorative gates with eye-catching designs or ornamentation to enhance the overall appeal of fencing around the property.
- Paint or stain your existing fence surfaces in colors that harmonize with your home’s exterior while offering protection from weather and insects.
- Install custom post caps on fence posts to elevate their appearance while adding distinctive accents tailored to match other design elements within the outdoor space.
- Designate focal points along the fence line by incorporating innovative metal/woodwork patterns creating visual breaks and unique aesthetics.
- Explore eco-friendly alternatives for driveways/fencing, e.g., permeable paving materials/concrete grass paver systems reducing environmental impact & maintenance.
- Use lighting fixtures near fences highlighting specific sections impressing artistic designs during night-time, enhancing curb appeal all hours.
- Consider extending the height of existing fences using lattice panels, making them visually appealing and allowing sunlight to penetrate through increasing privacy/security.
- Regularly pressure wash driveways/fences, removing mold/mildew accumulation, which can lead to potential hazards/preventative action upkeeping curb appeal.
Outdoor Entertainment & Relaxation Spaces
Creating or upgrading outdoor entertainment and relaxation areas, such as fire pits, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, and comfortable seating arrangements for hosting guests and enjoying the outdoor space.
- Build or update a fire pit area by installing a permanent stone or gas-powered fire pit, surrounded by comfortable seating options such as chairs, benches, or built-in stone seating.
- Design an outdoor kitchen with essential cooking appliances like grills, countertops for food prep, sinks, storage spaces, and even wood-fired pizza ovens that make hosting backyard BBQs and dinner parties easy.
- Install a pergola or gazebo to create a shady retreat where visitors can relax during daytime gatherings while adding architectural interest to the landscape.
- Set separate zones for lounging and dining in your outdoor space with coordinated furniture sets catering to relaxation and entertaining needs.
- Incorporate audio-visual elements into your entertainment areas, such as weather-resistant speakers for playing music or watching movies on an outdoor projector screen.
- Add decorative cushions and cushion covers made from all-weather fabric materials to your patio chairs, adding comfort designing/style
- Arrange versatile moveable furniture pieces (such as beverage carts/side tables), facilitating guests’ hospitality and allowing customization within friendly/hosted events
- Embedded stepping stones across different designated external relaxation circles invite interaction/engagement despite surrounding foliage keeping circular patterns intact
- Place portable water features/fountains centrally generating a tranquil aura & pleasant ambiance in external living areas, enhancing personal well-being
- Utilize solar-powered lighting around common gathering spots providing relative illumination levels, maintaining energy-efficiency concerns proving eco-friendly concepts conserving energy resources cost-effective solutions
Greenery & Seasonal Displays
Enhancements with the addition of plants, trees, and shrubs that provide year-round beauty. Also include seasonal displays like window boxes, wreaths, and garden decorations for holidays and special occasions to boost curb appeal.
- Plant various evergreen trees and shrubs that provide color and interest throughout the year while also serving as a natural privacy barrier for your outdoor space.
- Design window boxes filled with seasonal flowers, foliage, or decorations that change according to different seasons, reflecting the colors and moods of each time of year.
- Add focal points in the landscape using ornamental trees or flowering bushes timed appropriately with pruning needs ensuring their blooms showcase vibrantly during expected growth periods
- Create garden displays incorporating plants providing late-blooming/early-blooming selections expanding overall colorful visuals beyond shorter display periods
- Incorporate themed seasonal wreaths on doors/windows designed from materials such as spoils readily found within nature, adding charm & personality to the air.
- Update/change hanging baskets by front entrances displaying thematic floral arrangements or festive decorations based on current holiday settings
- Place garden ornaments/statuary specially designed hosting seasonal elements symbolizing transitions between holidays/universal occasions transition smoothly, adding curb appeal and freshness.
- Consider planting varieties attracting wildlife (flowers nectar-rich/berry-producing), showcasing gardens alive, bustling, diverse natural activity appealing to visual encounters.
- Decorate outdoor spaces using repurposed objects holding gardening instruments or small potted plans offering unique artistic novelty promoting green-life initiatives and beautifying surroundings for passerby’s attention delight.
- Utilize solar-powered/weather-resistant string lights adorning tree branches/other external structures enhancing properties using illumination techniques guaranteeing appeal/preparing homes for upcoming festive seasons.
Eco-Friendly Curb Appeal & Sustainable Ideas
Upgrades focused on sustainability and environmental conservation, such as rain gardens, native plants, solar-powered lighting, permeable paving options for driveways and walkways, and recycled or reclaimed materials in landscaping.
- Create a rain garden by strategically planting native plants, grasses, and flowers to absorb stormwater runoff from your property while filtering pollutants and reducing soil erosion.
- Select drought-resistant or native plant species for your landscaping that require less water and maintenance while providing a habitat for local wildlife.
- Install solar-powered lighting solutions throughout your property, such as pathway, motion-activated security, and landscape lighting, to save energy costs.
- Choose permeable paving materials for driveways and walkways like porous asphalt, pervious concrete, permeable pavers, or gravel which allow water infiltration reducing stormwater runoff.
- Incorporate recycled or reclaimed materials in your landscape design elements, such as benches made from repurposed wood planks/brick pallets or using crushed glass stones as a mulch alternative.
- Create compost bins/posts actively recycling waste products, turning them into nutrient-rich soil amendments, efficiently reducing landfill contributions and enhancing eco-friendliness.
- Utilize sustainable hardscaping options (such as natural/native/local quarried stone), lowering environmental footprint minimizing transportation emissions conserving energy resources effectively.
- Install drip irrigation systems that deliver precise watering requirements directly targeting plant root zones mitigating water evaporation, minimizing excessive wastage controlling respective consumptions effectively.
- Consider the use of green roofs/solar shingles when building/upgrading outdoor sheds/garden structures, promoting insulation benefits while adding unique functional spaces fostering biodiversity opportunities, beneficially addressing resource stewardship commitments positively
Although being a very long list, this is not the ultimate list of improvements and it’s safe to say that we have estimated more than 200 ideas.
Exterior Paint And Repairs
It’s time to focus a little more on the details of the exterior paint and repairs. The fresh coat of paint can quickly turn your house from outdated to modern.
Given that the average cost to paint the exterior of a 2,000-square-foot home is about $5,000-$12,000, it’s an investment, but this is why it’s essential to use quality products that will provide the needed increase in value.
Neutral hues like oyster white and iron ore are always a safe bet, as they are timeless and usually attractive to potential buyers.
For a unique look, consider adding accent colors around windows or doorways or painting features such as shutters or trim with complementary colors to add aesthetic depth to a building.
When deciding between flat and satin finishes, it is important to consider the climate in which the building is located.
Valspar Storm Coat is a good option as its acrylic exterior paint resists cracking and peeling and may be the best option if the property is older.
For those seeking a bolder look, consider Emerald or Hale Navy to paint features such as shutters or trim with complementary colors can add aesthetic depth to a building.
For instance, colors that go well together when painting cedar siding include beige, taupe, black, and gray.
Colors that do not match include brown, yellow, and green.
Ensure you take care of any needed repair work on siding or stucco before applying new coats of paint to guarantee everything looks neat and uniform when finished.
Read also: Tips On How To Paint Your Home’s Exterior
Outdoor lighting is an essential component of every home’s curb appeal and can instantly transform an outdoor area into a visually attractive and inviting space.
There are several types of outdoor lighting fixtures available to create a unique lighting design, from overhead lights to wall-mounted spotlights.
Paths & Entryways
Brightens Up Dark Areas
Energy Efficient & Long Lasting
Eco-Friendly & Cost Effective
At staging, landscape lighting installation increases safety and adds value to the property, making it look aesthetically pleasing and providing potential buyers with a sense of security when viewing the property in the evening.
Adding color and texture to the outside of your home is also a great way to create visual interest and increase its curb appeal:
1) Install colorful flowers and plants;
2) Hang wind chimes;
3) Place colorful outdoor furniture.
Wash them up with decorative garden lighting.
With the right ideas and fixtures, you can easily make an impactful change to the exterior of your home. Contact us now, and let us help you increase the value of your property!
Adding Color And Texture To The Outside Of Your Home
Our team of experts can offer creative ideas to help you transform the outside of your home without overspending.
TALLBOX can help you visualize your project. Free estimate >
Create an inviting atmosphere around your home with vibrant colors and captivating textures.
Sprucing up your outdoor area is a wise investment that will give your home major curb appeal for potential buyers. Incorporate bright flowers, potted plants, textured stone, and outdoor accents for an attractive, valuable outdoor space.
Make your entryway stand out with vibrant plants and flowers. Bring life to patios and garden areas with textured stone, gravel, or copper outdoor lighting.
Even on the darkest nights, the copper color will always make the house feel inviting.
Install walkways lamps and outdoor Led lighting around the paths for easy access and to open up the front yard.
Not only will these elements improve the look of your outdoor space, but they will also add value to your property.
Installing Walkways Or Paths
With the variety of materials available, such as stone, gravel, brick pavers, concrete, or even wood, you can easily create a pathway that fits the look and feel of your outdoor space.
Make sure your project meets all safety regulations and building codes by hiring a professional to do the installation properly. With a well-constructed walkway, potential buyers will appreciate being able to navigate around your outdoor area easily!
Installing a walkway can vary in cost depending on materials, size, and design complexity. Here are some average estimates:
1. Concrete walkways typically cost around $12/sq.ft for installation, equaling an average of $2,480.
2. Pea gravel installations cost an average of $75/hr.
3. Paver walkways cost an average of $8-$50/sq.ft, totaling between $1,430-$3,530.
4. Flagstone walkways are pricier, costing around $30/sq.ft.
Plus, walkways with curves and other features will incur higher costs. Prep work like excavation and grading can cost 30-50 cents per square foot.
Keep in mind; these are just estimates.
It’s best to connect with local contractors for more accurate pricing.
Patio, Deck, Or Porch Improvements
Outdoor areas are the perfect finishing touch for a home. Patio upgrades, deck improvements, and porch renovations can boost a property’s curb appeal and make it more attractive to buyers.
- Start by assessing the condition of these areas.
- Ask yourself questions such as: Is there any damage?
- Do repairs need doing?
- Could I use some new furniture or decorations?
- Once you’ve identified what needs doing, it’s time to make the necessary changes.
If you have a patio, add some potted plants and colorful throw pillows to create a cozy atmosphere and give it character.
For decks or porches, trim wood around railings or posts to add detail that impresses buyers. Not only do these upgrades improve the look of your property, but they also increase safety measures, which potential buyers love!
Building a deck or porch in the US can vary significantly in cost based on factors like size, materials, and extra features. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect:
* The average cost to construct a deck is around $50 per square foot – with most homeowners paying between $7,320 and $10,540.
* Your average American deck is 300-400 square feet – so that’s about $50 per square foot, and more basic models start at $2-$2,160.
* Materials for decks cost around $25 per square foot.
* Pressure-treated lumber decks cost about $6 per square foot.
* Deck materials range from $4 to $20 per square foot, depending on the material.
* Adding portable heaters, fire pits, and privacy screens could cost from $500 to $8,112.
* Patios usually cost $10-$20 per square foot, with materials setting you back around $25 per square foot.
It’s important to remember that these are just estimates – the actual cost of building a deck or porch could be higher or lower depending on the situation.
Garage Door Ideas
Upgrading your garage door can add a stunning visual appeal to your home exterior. Whether you choose to go with something brand new, a preexisting structure, or just a repair, a wide range of styles are available to make your house look its best.
Garage Door Replacement
From modern to traditional and craftsman, you can completely transform the look of your home. You can opt for professional installation or be a DIYer and save some money. Replacing your garage door is a great way to improve your curb appeal before selling.
Replacing a garage door can be expensive, but the exact cost depends on many elements, such as your location, the type of door, and whether you need to remove the old door.
1. A professional garage door installer near Minneapolis will usually charge between $1,650 to take away the old door, including the hardware and tracks, and install the new one.
2. Reports point that costs for replacing a garage door range from $1,638 to $10,000 with a national average of $1,190.
3. Most insulated 9×7 to 16×8 sectional doors cost in the range of $1,200 to $3,000.
4. Composite garage doors range from $2,500.
It’s important to keep in mind that these numbers are just estimates. The actual cost may vary depending on the particular situation. Moreover, repairs are usually cheaper than a full replacement, with repairs usually costing several hundred dollars.
Window Boxes And Shutters For An Inviting Look
Updating your garage door is just the first step in creating an inviting curb appeal. Window boxes and shutters will take your home’s exterior to the next level!
Filled with flowers or plants, window boxes bring beautiful color and texture to the mix. Meanwhile, when paired with decorative shutters, they make a stunning backdrop.
Plus, with shutters that match the existing trim, your home will have an elegant, timeless feel.
These simple additions will give potential buyers a sense of warmth and comfort when they approach your house.
The average price of window shutters in the US varies depending on several factors, such as material, size, and location.
Here’s an overview of plantation shutter prices, according to HomeGuide results:
– The national average cost of plantation shutter installation is $2,350.
– Installation costs usually range from $1,450 – $3,360, depending on window size and location.
– Estate shutters vary in price, depending on the material used. For a home with eight windows, material costs average $3,360.
– Installing estate shutters typically runs around $2,941 and is charged either by total square footage or labor and other costs.
– Most US homeowners spend between $3,360 on plantation shutters.
– You’ll pay around $350 per window for wood shutters or $200 for composite shutters.
It’s important to remember that these prices are for plantation shutters only and may differ for other types. Plus, prices may vary depending on the particular installation.
In need of architectural visualization for your project. Free estimate >
Updating Mailboxes And House Numbers
Updating mailboxes and house numbers is a must for creating great curb appeal for your home.
Not only do they add an attractive element to your house’s exterior, but they also make it easier for potential buyers to locate your property.
Choose a mailbox that looks new and modern, and ensure the house number is easily visible from the street.
Look for something timeless yet stylish – something that stands out without being too flashy. Metal and wood are great materials as they’re strong enough to withstand all kinds of weather.
Making these small changes can give your home’s exterior a real facelift before you sell. Keep it simple and elegant – don’t overdo it!
With the right combination of design elements, updating your mailboxes and house numbers can create an inviting look that catches the eye of potential buyers and leaves them wanting more.
The cost of a mailbox in the US can vary significantly – it all depends on type, material and installation. Here’s an idea of what you can expect to pay:
* New mailbox and post installation: around $300
* Residential mailbox: $900
* Mail slot: $325
* Typical residential mailbox for home use: $500
It’s worth noting these are just estimates, and the actual cost could be higher or lower depending on your location, store, and other factors.
We’d recommend shopping around and comparing prices before you make a purchase. Some stores that sell mailboxes include Home Depot, Lowe’s, Sears, Ace Hardware, and UPS.
Cost Of Improving Curb Appeal on average
By now, it’s clear that adding curb appeal can significantly enhance the value of your property, but what is the cost? Here are some estimates to consider when making decisions about how to improve your home’s exterior:
- Professional Landscape Design: A complete front yard makeover may cost between $6,000 and $10,000, including soil, grading, grass seed, plants, patio, and walkway.
- Exterior Makeover: An average cost of approximately $15,000 includes paint, landscaping, decorations, porch railing, and window/door updates.
- Low-Cost Improvements: Options under $1,000 include a fresh coat of paint, pressure washing, adding a mailbox, and updating the front door.
- Landscaping Maintenance: Prices vary by size, with mowing starting at approximately $80 per visit and extra fees for edging.
Remember, costs can vary due to the location and scope of the project. To get the most out of your investment, consider the advice of a home staging consultant for guidance on maximizing impact with minimal expense.
With the right approach, you can create a beautiful, eye-catching curb appeal that will draw buyers and help you get top dollar for your home.
The aesthetic of your home’s exterior can be greatly improved to create a lasting impression on potential buyers. Enhancing outdoor areas before selling your house is an effective way to attract more people and increase the value of your property.
Imagine how much pride you’ll feel when prospective buyers are truly impressed with what they see from the street – it can add thousands to the sale price! By taking into account landscaping considerations, making necessary repairs, and adding lighting and color, you can make significant improvements that won’t break the bank. Plus, when done right, these changes will help bring back some of that original charm that made you fall in love with the house in the first place.
I’ve seen my clients achieve great success by implementing just a few simple upgrades outside their homes. With careful planning and thoughtful investments, you too can maximize your return on investment while creating beautiful curb appeal that makes others green with envy!
In need of architectural visualization for your project. Free estimate >